MEMBRANE RO FOR SEAWATER SYSTEMS
FilmTec™ Seamaxx™ 440i
DuPont Water Solutions offers various premium seawater reverse osmosis (SWRO) elements designed to reduce capital and operation cost of desalination systems. FilmTec™ Elements combine premium membrane quality with automated precision fabrication resulting in outstanding performance, reliability and robustness.
FilmTec™ Seamaxx™–440i Elements are the choice for seawater systems operating at low to medium levels of salinity and temperature, as well as for brackish water with relatively high salinity. The element’s flowrate is significantly above flowrates of any other SWRO element currently available in the market. This extraordinary high element productivity leads to substantial savings, primarily in energy consumption when compared to conventional low-energy SWRO products. In addition, FilmTec™ Seamaxx™–440i includes the typical FilmTec™ Element features:
- The 28-mil feed spacer combines low differential pressure with low cleaning frequency and high cleaning efficiency.
- The renowned iLEC™ Interlocking Endcaps help to reduce system operating costs and the risk of O-ring leaks.
- The oxidative-free membrane manufacturing process results in high membrane robustness and long-term stable performance.
- The widest pH range for cleanings (pH 1 – 13) allows effective cleanings even in cases of severe fouling.
- The automated, precision fabrication gives a greater number of shorter membrane leaves thus reducing fouling while maximizing element efficiency.
- Seawater desalination
- High salinity brackish water
- Municipal drinking water
- Industrial desalination
- High permeability and high productivity
- Low energy: less than 2 kWh/m3 in specific energy consumption
- iLEC™ Interlocking End Cap for better productivity and reliability